Friday, July 23, 2010

New York Part 1

So as I wade through 300+ pictures from our trip to NY I have decided to break it up into multiple blog posts. Our trip was 6 days long, with three days devoted to travel, one full day for my nephews High Graduation Party, and two full days to play:)

The first play day was spent at Atlantis Marine World. This was a huge Aquarium with a wide variety of animals and shows.

Some of the seals were in a tank outside the Aquarium. This one just looked so wierd to me.

A quick picture of the kids before going in.



Once inside the first stop was feeding the Stingrays.


Zack and Alexis trying to feed the Stingrays. Both of them wanted to, but neither one would stick their hand down in the water far enough for them to take the food.

Alexis was just dying to pet this lizard.

Zack went up to it and the lizard pooped on the boys shirt!! He was outta there after that.


Awe, isn't she so precious??

From right to left - Gwen (Winks sister), Zack, Alexis and Eddie (Gwens Husband). They were our hosts for the long weekend.

Piranas

I just love this picture:) I think I am gonna print it just so I can see it in print too.

So can you hear the Jaws theme now? Looks like they are looking at each other.


So sweet, in a Shark kinda way. A baby and its mommy:)

Seahorse!! These were my favorite things when I was little.

I think this is the first Octopus I have ever seen up close. The outside of its tank was covered in frost from how cold the water was inside. It was really neat.


The seal show. Thank God this show was only about 15 minutes long because it was outside with no shelter overhead and the seats were made out of stone. They were so HOT!! Oh, and if you didnt catch it, the show is based from American Idol.

The host.



Wow, this was a lucky photo.

The monkeys. Of course, Zack loved this part!!

This monkey was so funny. He just walked over to Gwen like he knew her, and starred at her for about 5 minutes. I guess he did know her because it was his own reflection he saw in her glasses!!

I wanted to get a picture of all three of them with the Monkey, but as soon as I moved toward them so did the rest of the crowd. They all just overtook our spot.

Eddie, Wink and Zack standing on the side of the wading pool. You could actually walk into the water and touch crabs. (yes, I am the fool standing in the water)

I broke the rules to get this shot of all the Penguins. Yeap, I was standing on the wall leaning over a glass barrier:) But I got my shot. They were to cute to pass up!!

Here we are back at the Stingrays again before leaving out. These things were so funny. They were not shy at all. They would stick their faces up out of the water as if to say, Please feed me!!

After getting a few souvenirs we were done for the day. It was about a 20 minute drive back to the house and time to rest for the night:). Thank you to Gwen and Eddie for taking us to the Aquarium. The kids loved it, as did we all!!!

No comments: