Sunday, May 9, 2010

Monsters on the Beach 2010

Every year on Mother's Day weekend, VA Beach hosts the Monsters on the Beach show. We have always talked about taking the kids, but for one reason or another just never did until this year. And of course, I couldnt just get regular tickets for the show, I had to get the Monster Experience tickets that enabled us to go into the pits and meet the drivers!!
The kids had a blast!! They were given event shirts that night. All of the drivers signed their shirts and they just thought that was coolest thing!! (Alexis wore hers THREE days in a row) I finally had to wash the shirts and have them hidden in their closet.
Here are a few shots of them getting their shirts signed. I have to say, all of the drivers (except one, which I didnt post any of his pics) were very nice. They enjoyed talking with the kids and were more than willing to pose for photos.




Look at Zack's hair blowing. Poor things, they were beaten by the sand that night.

Grave Digger!!

This is the kids new Idol. This is Kidd KJ. He drives the Monster Bear monster truck. And he is only SIX years old!!! Alexis said she wants to drive a monster truck. HAHA!! Scarey thought.

Even though he didnt race in the show, he still was more than willing to give autographs.

After spending time in the pits and getting autographs we ventured a little ways down the beach so I could fullfill a promise I made to Alexis. (secretly, I was going to do it no matter what) To the tune of $8 each we got to ride in a real Monster Truck. They had two trucks going and the one we rode in had 8 seats mounted in the back and two in the cab of the truck. Alexis and I rode in the cab.
This is her after the ride. She said it was SO COOL!! I would have to agree. Awesome is the only way to describe it. Now if I could just DRIVE one!!

After our ride, it was time for the show. The sun was setting and it was a beautiful night for a monster truck show. This is Stone Crusher, or the one with Tarzan on it as Zack said, he is from VA Beach.

Grave Digger and Bad Habit. So glad Grave Digger won. Bad Habit was the rude driver:)

Blow this one up, it is a beautiful picture with the truck and the water in the background.

This is Megasaurous!! Once the kids realized he was not going to shoot any canons (flashbacks to the show at the Hampton Coliseum) they thought he was super cool.



The race continued well after it was dark and unfortunately, this is the only night picture that turned out. I seriously need to finish reading the book on the Nikon, and I need to buy some accessories.
This was a very good night and I couldnt think of any other way to spend Mothers Day weekend then taking the kids to something I knew they would love. Afterall, if it wasnt for them I wouldnt be called MOM:)


No comments: