Sunday, September 6, 2009

Where We are Headed

I realized today that alot of you are not on Facebook and have not been able to keep up to date on alot of things that have been and are going to be going on in our lives.
First, about a month and a half ago Wink bought me a new car. Well it is new to us:) He bought his uncles 1989 Mustang Convertible. He swears it is for me and will save me gas, but I think he bought it to tinker with. It has not run in about 3 years but has a new engine and transmission and a fairly new top. Considering its age it is in decent condition. It had to hitch a ride to the house on a tow truck, but is now running and almost ready for the open road. I will post pictures of it once it is pulled back out of the garage.
And now to the future. School starts in two days. Both kids are going to Gloria Dei Lutheran School in the Fox Hill area of Hampton this year. Alexis is entering Kindergarten and Zack Pre-K. I will be taking the kids each morning to the bus stop and the bus will take them straight to Grandma's front door in the afternoons. I am really excited about this school and all they have to offer the kids. Both kids will get time in the computer lab with Zack going every other week and Alexis going every week. They are really excited about that. Zack will have a Chef Combo class every other week to teach him about healthy eating. (We will see if it works.) Plus a lot of other exciting things as the year goes on.
With the start of fall also brings their birthdays. Zack will be four at the end of September and Alexis will be five the end of October. My has time flown by. I have not really decided what type of party we will have this year although I imagine it will be pretty low key.
And the best news comes towards the end of October. And NO, its not Halloween this year!! Although that is normally pretty exciting. Wink, Alexis and Zack will be joining me on a business conference to Orlando, FL. I will be attending a conference Oct 25th-28th for my job and we decided since my flight and the hotel would be free, we would take everyone down. We plan on trying to go to Sea World Sunday afternoon, after our flight lands at 1:15, for a couple of hours. Then Monday Wink and the kids will explore the hotel (Which could easily take a day. Look it up on the internet, the Gaylord Palms Hotel) or Orlando. That night we will probably go to Downtown Disney for a bit and do some shopping. Again Tuesday Wink will be on his own again with the kids, but that night will be our "big" event of the trip. We are taking the kids to Magic Kingdom for Mickeys Not so Scarey Halloween Party from 7 to midnight. I am SO excited!!! Oh, and they are too:) Oh and did I mention or did you do the math, this is the day Alexis turns 5!!! She will get to spend her 5th birthday trick or treating in Magic Kingdom. How cool is that!!She is telling everybody that she is going to FL for her birthday. I will let her believe that. This will be a very quick trip and I will be tied up most of the day in meetings, but we are going to try and make this the best trip for them. I am sure I will be ready to book the real vacation as soon as we return. I cant wait to post the pics.
Anyway, I hope all is well with everyone reading this and stay tuned. I am going to try and do better with posting now that the kids have an earlier bedtime. I said TRY!!

No comments: