Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The First Day of School 2009

So Tuesday morning I woke the kids up at 6:30 so they could have a few minutes to be able to wake up and then start to get them ready school. We have to meet the bus at 7:40 and the bus stop is about 10-15 minutes away so we have to make sure we are up and motivated in enough time. At 6:30 Alexis actually was already awake and Zack woke up fairly easy. They watched TV for a few while I got their things ready, then we got dressed and started to head out the door. That was when it went slightly down hill. All I wanted was a picture of them together for the first day of school. Well Zack didnt want any part of it. He ran off saying he was having a bad day. So I didnt argue. This is Alexis with her smiling face on as she put it.
I usually try to take a picture of them in their seats on the way to school each year. Alexis was again all about having her picture taken.



Zack, never had the chance to argue this time:) I aimed and snapped before he even realized what was going on. I think he was in mid sentence for this picture.

So we made it to the bus stop and we waited and waited and waited. Try waiting in a vehicle with a 3 and 4 year old for 15 minutes. They started fighting with each other calling names and quick bursts of tears. I was so thankful when the bus came because at least we could get out of the truck. You see, we were having dreary wet rain that morning and couldnt stand outside.
So the kids boarded the bus. Zack went on first and got a seat towards the middle of the bus. Alexis started to follow him, but turned around and sat with this little girl. I tried to get a quick shot of Alexis on the bus, but missed her face.

Here is Zack on the bus. He didnt even speak to me when I whispered to him to have a good day. He just nodded:(

Around 1:00 I called my inlaws to talk to the kids to find out how their day went at school. Zack said he had fun. He said when he got to school he saw some kids playing and he got to play with them. He said he built a boat!! Then I talked to Alexis. I asked her how her day was and she said Not so good. She told me they didnt have any food. All they had were crackers, no peanut butter, no sandwiches, nothing. I had to laugh!! I could picture her eyes rolling and her head shaking back and forth while she was saying it too. They only go to school 1/2 day so they just eat a snack. Oh, and she said they didnt get to go outside either. Nevermind that it rained ALL day Tuesday!!
All in all it was a good day. I am very pleased with the school and glad that (minus the whole snack issue) they like it. Oh and by the way, she told Grandpa that it was Cheese Its she had for snack:) She is such a Drama Queen!!





No comments: