Sunday, January 3, 2010

1st Snowfall of 09/10 Season

A few weeks ago we had our FIRST (I say this optimisticly) snow of the 09/10 season. After a day and a half of rain and a little sun, dusk ascended on the Hampton Roads area and the snow began to fall. The snow we did get (a whopping 3-4 inches) came hard and fast. I just prayed that it would still be there in the morning. When the little sleepy heads awoke the next morning, they were so excited for a SNOW DAY!!
Alexis is all dressed and ready to go. And not real thrilled about having to wait for the boys I might add!

Finally, Zack is ready and they are all heading out.

I tried to crop this picture so you can see the details. Yeap, thats my daughter LICKING her snow covered glove!! I promise we did feed her that morning.

Wink was more than gracious enough to form snow balls for the kids and then encourage them to throw them at me. Apparently holding a $800 camera does not exclude you from snowball fights!!

Zack and his Bugilla!! He still cant say Gorilla:)

Alexis throwing snow at me. Again, holding the camera isnt helping me out.

And its not that their throws really hurt. It's just they have absolutely no accuracy at all. I am waiting for the day I am looking through the viewfinder to see a snowball coming right at me.

The first snowman we have ever built!! So what if he is small.

Oh look, I have arms. But wait...I cant see!!! Help.

I can see, I can see. Thank you Alexis for finding me eyes.

Zack and Mr. Snowman. I told you the snowman was LITTLE.

Alexis loves the snowman no matter how small he is:)

There are two things they always want to do when we go in the backyard after it snows. The FIRST...slide down the slide!! The SECOND is get on the trampoline. (I didnt post any of those pics, sorry.)


Oh yuck, its hard to believe we will be swimming in this pool in 6 months. It had a very thin layer of ice on top.

Even Titan joined in on the fun in the snow. He loves catching and eating snow balls.

So the kids tried to drive their Mustang and Lightning McQueen power wheels through the snow. After getting stuck a few times they went in and grabbed the big battery powered 4 wheeler. Now they had fun with that.


No comments: